Nicole Jardim | The Birth Control Controversy: The Period Expert Perspective
This episode is the second in a three-episode series on birth control. In Season 1, experts shared interesting views on how one should view birth control to support their health and lifestyle needs, so I wanted to dig further. The series covers an MD view as well as an innovation in birth control.
In this second episode of the series, we hear from Nicole Jardim, a Certified Women’s Health Coach, writer, speaker, mentor, and the creator of Fix Your Period, a series of programs that empower women to reclaim their hormone health.
In this episode, Nicole Jardim responds with her perspectives on birth control and statements made during my interview with Dr Sophia Yen.
- Is it OK to not have your period?
- Could birth control mask symptoms?
- How do you choose the right birth control for you?
If you liked this episode and you’re feeling generous, don’t forget to leave a review on iTunes!
Check out the following referenced in this episode:
- Interview with Dr Sophia Yen
- Interview with Dr Lara Briden
- Nicole’s book, Fix Your Period
- Dr Lara Briden’s book, Period Repair Manual
- Lisa Hendrickson-Jack’s book, The Fifth Vital Sign
- How Healing Works
And be sure to:
- Follow Fempower Health on Instagram for updates and tips.
- Subscribe to the podcast and tell your friends!
- Shop the Fempower Health store, which has many products discussed on the podcast.
- ReceptivaDx the sponsor of all of Season 2. Provide code FEMPOWER-HEALTH for $75 off.
- Gemmist. Provide code FEMPOWER for 15% off
More about Nicole Jardim
Nicole’s Fix Your Period program empowers women to reclaim their hormone health using a method that combines evidence-based information with simplicity and sass. Her work has impacted the lives of tens of thousands of women around the world in effectively addressing a wide variety of period problems, including PMS, irregular periods, PCOS, painful & heavy periods, missing periods and many more.
Nicole is the author of Fix Your Period: 6 Weeks to Banish Bloating, Conquer Cramps, Manage Moodiness, and Ignite Lasting Hormone Balance, and the co-author of The Happy Balance, a recipe book filled with over 80 hormone balancing recipes. Finally, she’s the co-host of The Period Party, a top-rated podcast on iTunes—be sure to tune into that if you want to learn more about how to fix your period—and has been called on as a women’s health expert for sites such as The Guardian, Well+Good, mindbodygreen.