Saundra Pelletier | Birth Control: Could It Be? An Innovative non-Hormonal Option
This episode is the third in a three-episode series on birth control. In Season 1, experts shared interesting views on how one should view birth control to support their health and lifestyle needs, so I wanted to dig further. The series covers an MD view as well as a period expert’s perspective. This is the last episode of the series, we have from Saundra Pelletier about an innovative, hormone-free birth control.
Saundra sits at the head of Evofem Biosciences, a female- forward company revolutionizing women’s healthcare with game-changing products, including Phexxi, the first – and highly anticipated – hormone-free, prescription, on-demand female contraceptive gel.
If you liked this episode and you’re feeling generous, don’t forget to leave a review on iTunes!
In this episode, Saundra shares:
- Why Phexxi was developed
- How Phexxi works
- What women who have used Phexxi have to say
Check out the following referenced in this episode:
- Interview with Dr Sophia Yen, co-founder of Pandia Health
- Interview with Dr Lara Briden, The Period Revolutionary
- Interview with Nicole Jardim, The Period Girl
- Dr Lara Briden’s book, Period Repair Manual
- Nicole Jardim’s book, Fix Your Period
And be sure to:
- Follow Fempower Health on Instagram for updates and tips.
- Follow the podcast and tell your friends!
- Shop the Fempower Health store, which has many products discussed on the podcast.
- ReceptivaDx the sponsor of all of Season 2. Provide code FEMPOWER-HEALTH for $75 off.
- Gemmist. Provide code FEMPOWER for 15% off
More About Saundra Pelletier
Saundra Pelletier is a mother, daughter, CEO and trailblazer. Undoubtedly and unapologetically, Saundra is one of the most dynamic women in today’s healthcare industry. She sits at the head of Evofem Biosciences, a female- forward company revolutionizing women’s healthcare with game-changing products, including Phexxi, the first – and highly anticipated – hormone-free, prescription, on-demand female contraceptive gel.
At her core, Saundra is a passionate advocate for women’s wellness and empowerment. She is a leader in the boardroom and beyond, using her experience, voice and vision for real, progressive change for women. Saundra is a force of energy that blends substance and excitement with straight talk and strong opinions. Never mind being a breast cancer survivor who fought the illness as she remained solidly at the helm of Evofem, securing $400+ million and achieving FDA approval. All while raising a son as a single mother.
“Do not use Phexxi if you have problems with your urinary tract or a history of repeated UTIs. Vaginal burning, itching, infection, and discharge, UTIs, genital area discomfort, bacterial vaginosis, or pain while urinating may occur. For more information about Phexxi, talk to your doctor and see product information at Phexxi.com.”
Support the show (https://www.patreon.com/fempowerhealth)