How to Improve Gut Health & Address Bloating | Dr. Edison de Mello
Are you always bloated? In this episode, Fempower Health interviews Dr. Edison de Mello, founder of the Akasha Center for Integrative Medicine and author of Bloated?: How to Reclaim Your Gut Health and Eat Without Pain. They discuss the relationship between gut health and bloating, the causes of bloating in women, gut microbiome repair, and more.
Dr. Edison de Mello is a board-certified integrative physician and a licensed MFT psychotherapist who takes a Western-meets-Eastern approach to medicine. His goal is to help patients who are dealing with gut issues overcome mental, emotional, and physical challenges associated with dis-ease.
Discussed in this episode:
- Why do you get bloated?
- The shame commonly associated with bloating in women
- Why do women get bloated more than men?
- The importance of meeting patients before treating them
- Common mistakes people make when treating bloating
- Emotions and the gut brain connection
- What is SIBO and why is it important in the medical community?
- Period bloating: when is it time to see a doctor?
- “Endo belly” and the symptoms of IBS vs endometriosis
- Bloating relief and ways to encourage a non-inflammatory lifestyle
“Is treating bloating as simple as changing someone’s lifestyle? I wish it was that simple. But even though it isn’t easy, it’s still attainable.” – Dr. Edison de Mello
Related to this episode:
- Bloated?: How to Reclaim Your Gut Health and Eat Without Pain (book)
- Akasha Center for Integrative Medicine
- The Power of the Gut: Learn About the Microbiome
- More episodes about Gut Health
Spread the awareness and share this episode with someone you know!
Support and connect with our women’s health community:
- Subscribe to the Fempower Health Podcast for new episodes every Tuesday
- Visit us online at www.fempower-health.com
- Sign up for our weekly newsletter for the latest announcements, news, and research
- Follow us on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter
- Email us for inquiries & outreach: [email protected]
**The information shared by Fempower Health is not medical advice but for informational purposes to enable you to have more effective conversations with your doctor. Always talk to your doctor before making health-related decisions. Additionally, the views expressed by the Fempower Health podcast guests are their own and their appearance on the program does not imply an endorsement of them or any entity they represent.**
**Contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links**