Replay: Treating Disease Progression with DTx: Dr. Mark Berman Shares Insights on Innovative Prescription Digital Therapeutics
Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) is an evidence-based form of therapy that has been in use for decades. My guest in this episode believes that CBT can be applied to create better therapeutics, and, in fact, that’s exactly what his company is called: Better Therapeutics.
Dr. Mark Berman, the Chief Medical Officer at Better Therapeutics, explained that the goal of CBT is to “help people change some of those core beliefs, which then directly influence what we do on a day to day basis.”
And while CBT was originally applied to help people with conditions like PTSD, anxiety and depression, the team at Better Therapeutics have developed their own variant of CBT to apply the core principles of CBT to the ideas that drive root behaviors like diet, exercise and other supportive lifestyle behaviors.
Tune into this episode to hear how Better Therapeutics are creating new digital treatments to reverse the progression of cardiometabolic disease, improve quality of life and inform clinical decisions.
In this episode, we cover:
- Patient experience using digital therapeutics for type 2 diabetes
- Nutritional CBT – Better Therapeutics innovative new form of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Why companies are opting to create Prescription Digital Therapies rather than self-managed lifestyle apps
- What’s next in the Better Therapeutics pipeline and how these decisions are made
- The future of Digital Therapeutic infrastructure
Guest Links and Resources:
- Connect with Eugene Borukhovich: Twitter | LinkedIn
- Connect with Chandana Fitzgerald, MD: Twitter | LinkedIn
- Connect with YourCoach.health: Website | Twitter
- Check out Shot of Digital Health with Eugene and Jim Joyce: Website | Podcast App
- HealthXL: Website | Twitter | Join an Event
Season 2 of Digital Therapeutics Podcast would not be possible without the support of leading DTx organizations. Thank you to:
> Presenting Partner: Amalgam Rx
Follow Digital Health Today:
Follow Health Podcast Network: