Ep17: Treating Chronic Pain with DTx
Jonas Duss came to digital therapeutics from a mechanical and chemical engineering background. He landed at Kaia Health after he and his business partner, David Boutellier, realized they all shared a similar mission; to make proven, effective therapies for debilitating chronic conditions more widely accessible through digital platforms.
Kaia Health offers people with musculoskeletal conditions virtual physical therapy sessions, complete with a health coach who helps motivate users to stay on track.
In this episode, Jonas tells Eugene about Kaia’s founding, the company’s early decision to expand to the US (despite the different regulatory and payment environment), and his driving motivation to help chronic pain sufferers live longer, higher-quality lives.
Also, Jonas mentions a McKinsey report on reimbursement in Germany, in which Kaia’s journey is offered as a brief case study. You can find that report here.
Guest Links and Resources:
- Connect with Jonas Duss: LinkedIn | Twitter
- Visit Kaia Health: Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram | Facebook | Website
Host Links and Resources:
- Connect with Eugene Borukhovich: Twitter | LinkedIn
- Follow Eugene’s journey of writing his first book: Hard Pill to Swallow
- Connect with YourCoach.health: Website | Twitter
- Subscribe to Exits & Outcomes
- Brian Dolan: Twitter | LinkedIn
- HealthXL: Website | Twitter | Join an Event
Follow Digital Health Today:
Follow Health Podcast Network:
Digital Health Today is made possible by the support of our sponsors. Thank you to: