Episode 44: Could 2024 be the Year of Value-based Care? Brian Drozdowicz of PointClickCare explains why HCIT interoperability could finally accelerate the industry transition
Hospitals might seem like the quintessential healthcare setting, but only about 11% of care episodes actually occur in these facilities, according to the National Institutes of Health. The other 89% of care is delivered through a complex continuum of outpatient settings that span everything from primary care offices to ambulatory surgery centers to long-term care facilities, just to name a few locations. Brian Drozdowicz, SVP and GM of acute and payor markets at PointClickCare, joins Justin to chat about the technological, legal, and incentive barriers to coordinating value-based care (VBC) across the healthcare ecosystem. Brian draws from more than two decades of leadership experience in healthcare tech to share his perspectives on VBC: how accountable care organizations are using data to improve outcomes at lower cost, why the rest of the industry always seems to be just one year away from activating VBC, and why 2024 may be the year that VBC truly, finally takes off.
Justin and Brian ask the questions that may hold the keys to unlocking VBC: Who’s responsible for providing visibility into patients’ journeys—payors, providers, or the patients themselves? What’s the secret to HCIT interoperability? Can healthcare learn anything from the financial industry’s approach to data privacy? Why are payors suddenly open to sharing data? And what big changes are in store for healthcare in 2024?
To learn more about Definitive Healthcare, please visit us at definitivehc.com.