#57, Pioneering Next-Generation Biologics Testing with Jean Francois Brepson, CEO of Pathoquest
Dr. Amrita Sarkar, Principal Healthcare and Life Sciences Startups Business Development Manager at Amazon Web Services, welcomes Jean Francois Brepson, CEO of Pathoquest to the show. PathoQuest enables new biotherapies to be delivered rapidly and safely to patients with its quality testing platform.
Jean shares details about Pathoquest’s ground breaking next-generation sequencing (NGS) approach to genetic characterization and viral testing. Serving global biopharmaceutical companies and emerging biotechs, Pathoquest provides a robust QC solution to accelerate the manufacturing of biologics.
The conversation also dives into the company’s approach to international expansion, and the pivotal role of local expertise and investors in understanding and penetrating new markets.
- [01:00] Introduction to Pathoquest.
- [02:17] Jean Francois Brepson’s background and path to founding Pathoquest.
- [03:29] Pathoquests’ journey as a spin out from the Institut Pasteur, named after the eminent French Chemist Louis Pasteur.
- [05:21] How Pathoquests’ solution improves manufacturing ROI via enhanced viral safety and genetic characterization.
- [09:10] How cloud computing has enabled Pathoquest to scale faster
- [11:28] Recent publications and Pathoquest’s commitment to scientific excellence.
- [13:15] Details on Pathoquest’s partnership with Oxford Nanopore.
- [14:42] Scientific and business challenges of building Pathoquest and lessons learned along the way.
- [17:31] Best practices from Pathoquest’s US launch.
- [20:58] Pathoquests goals and ambition for the coming years.
- [22:59] Advice for non-US founders wanting to launch a life sciences startup in the US.
- [24:27] How strategic investors can help international expansion be successful.
Get in touch with AWS here to learn how we can help your organization accelerate healthcare innovation.
Please take a moment and let us know what you think of the podcast, access our feedback survey here.