Using The Digital Space For Your Practice-An Interview with SoMeDocs Founder, Dr. Dana Corriel
Trying to figure out how the digital world fits into your private practice can seem very overwhelming. Today, I had a great conversation with Dr. Dana Corriel, a board certified internist, entrepreneur, digital stratgeist and the founder of doctorsonsocialmedia.com to get her insights.
Here are some of the key points we discussed:
- Social Media is Media. It's a form of advertising. Don't think about it as "Social"
- Whatever content you put into the digital space represents you and your brand
- Your priority is the prime real estate you own–your website
- Make your website unique
- Provide content geared to the audience you want to read it
- You can re-purpose content from your website
- Post it on one of the social media channels–Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, etc.
- Be consistent
- Establish yourself as an expert
- Publish articles on doctorsonsocialmedia.com and other sites so that you are identified as an expert in your field
- You never know who will see your content–patients, referral sources, others.
- Use social media to drive people back to your website.
- People may not find you on social media but your patients and referral sources will definitely check out your website before coming to see you or referring patients.
Dana Corriel, MD, is a board certified internist, entrepreneur & digital stratgeist. She is the founder of DoctorsonSocialMedia.com, an online platform that functions as a mix of media outlet, marketplace, & talent agency for “medical brains”, serving both a physicians and public audience. Over the years, Dr. Corriel has learned how to create truly stand-out content online & has expanded her own career in just a few short years, using simple online tools. Her company has helped numerous physician influencers and innovative new healthcare businesses grow, thanks to its communities and networking power. Many of these experts now successfully occupy top healthcare positions, appear in influential outlets, and accomplish feats doctors never thought possible.
Sign up for The Private Medical Practice Academy membership to maximize your practice's profit . Learn how to work smarter–not harder.
If you'd like to hear more tips on how to start, run and grow your practice and related medical businesses, please sign up for my newsletter at https://www.thepracticebuildingmd.com.