Why Women Are Burning Out in Healthcare & How We Can Change This
Have you ever noticed more women burning out in the workplace compared to men?
Whether you’ve experienced burnout personally or you’ve witnessed others facing burnout, it has many rippling effects and is affecting more women than men in healthcare. In this week’s episode of the Healthcare Provider Happy Hour, I will be discussing an article featured in the Greater Good titled; Why Are So Many Female Doctors Burning Out? I share key statistics on women & burnout, the gender gap in healthcare, discrimination in the workplace, how to change this culture, and much more.
Listen to the full episode to learn:
- What burnout really is and what signs to watch for
- Why women seem to be burning out more than men in healthcare
- Discrimination in the workplace and the gender gap
- How we can work to change this culture and prevent women from burning out
Grab your drink of choice and join the conversation!
Greater Good Article: https://greatergood.berkeley.edu/article/item/why_are_so_many_female_doctors_burning_out
Connect with Jennifer George:
- @bestobsessed_with_jenn | Instagram
- Jennifer George | Website
- @jenngeorge08) | Twitter
- Jennifer George | Facebook
Click here to check out my award-winning book about connecting and communicating with patients to create empowering experiences!