How We Can Begin Creating a Safe Space for Providers in Need of Mental Health Support with Social Worker & Author, Josh Cutler
In this week’s episode, I am joined by Josh Cutler, an author and seasoned mental health professional who has worked in healthcare for nearly twenty years. An experienced psychotherapist, clinical social worker and people leader, Josh’s work focuses on improving access to mental health services for people vulnerable to suicide. He works in private practice and is also a behavioral health leader in big healthcare.
Josh is passionate about sharing his own struggles with diagnosis of and recovery from a serious mental illness, in the hopes that this vulnerability will lead others to seek help. He is the author of The Day Hospital: A Memoir. Josh shares his journey of mental health, writing his book, and much more.
Tune in to this week’s episode to learn:
- How the pandemic has affected the mental health of healthcare workers
- The stigma around mental health and how it has changed over the years
- Advice for healthcare providers who are struggling right now and feeling burnt out
- Statistics on mental health & suicide within the healthcare industry
- How to create a safe space for others to share how they’re feeling
Grab your drink of choice and join the conversation!
Josh’s Book: The Day Hospital: A Memoir https://www.amazon.com/dp/B096TRSSG3?ref_=pe_3052080_397514860
Connect with Jennifer George:
- @bestobsessed_with_jenn | Instagram
- Jennifer George | Website
- @jenngeorge08) | Twitter
- Jennifer George | Facebook
Click here to check out my book about connecting and communicating with patients to empower their experiences!