Setting the Truth Straight Around Disordered Eating & Clarifying Myths, with Dr. Cristina Castagnini, Eating Disorder Specialist
In this week’s episode, I am joined by Dr. Cristina Castagnini, a licensed Psychologist and Certified Eating Disorder Specialist. Cristina has also recovered from an eating disorder herself, and now treats clients with eating disorders in her private practice. Coming from both the personal and professional perspective, she started a podcast, Behind the Bite, to help those who are struggling with disordered eating, eating disorders, and body image issues.
Cristina and I discuss her own personal story of overcoming an eating disorder, and how this has led her to helping others going through similar experiences and creating a healthier relationship with food.
Tune in to this week’s episode to learn:
- How you can better support someone who might be struggling with an eating disorder but not ready to disclose this
- What trigger warnings might affect someone who is dealing with or overcoming an eating disorder
- Myths and misinformation around eating disorders such as never being able to fully recover from disordered eating
- The many factors that go into diagnosing an eating disorder and how you can’t diagnose or assume someone’s health status from just their physical appearance
- How she has adjusted from receiving treatment for an eating disorder to now focusing on helping others who have eating disorders, disordered eating, or body image issues
Grab your drink of choice and join the conversation!
Connect with Jennifer George:
- @bestobsessed_with_jenn | Instagram
- Jennifer George | Website
- @jenngeorge08) | Twitter
- Jennifer George | Facebook
Click here to check out my book about connecting and communicating with patients to empower their experiences!
Stay up to date on everything happening with the Healthcare Provider Happy Hour by subscribing to my weekly newsletter at www.jennifergeorge.co