How to Protect Patient Information & Prevent a Security Breach, with Amy Wood of Copper Penny Consulting
In this week’s episode, I am joined by Amy Wood, the CEO of Copper Penny Consulting, LLC. She is a best-selling author, speaker, consultant, and coach. Amy lives with her husband and 3 daughters in Santa Rosa, California. She has a background in Healthcare Information Technology and has spent the last decade as a HIPAA Educator, Risk Assessor, and Data Breach Consultant. Out of the over 200 data breach investigations she’s consulted on, her clients have received ZERO fines and ZERO patient lawsuits. Her superpower is taking your boring, everyday compliance course and turning it into an entertaining and educational conversation. Her goal is to educate as many people as she can so she doesn’t HAVE to do data breach investigations (although she is there to help if you ever find yourself in one!)
Amy and I discuss her personal story of a data breach, and how this has led her into the technology field and area of security, to help others prevent this from happening to them, or their business.
Tune in to this week’s episode to learn:
- What the difference is between security and privacy when it comes to patient health information
- Why there is a growing concern about security in the healthcare space and why we are vulnerable to this
- What you can be doing to protect your own information and your patient’s information
- How a disconnect in communication can affect the security of your organization’s information
- How you can prevent breaches in both a clinical or a private practice
Grab your drink of choice and join the conversation!
Facebook: Copper Penny Consulting, LLC
LinkedIn: Copper Penny Consulting, LLC
Innovative Women in Healthcare Book: www.amazon.com/Innovative-Women-Healthcare-Exceptional-Leadership/dp/1637921713
Connect with Jennifer George:
- @bestobsessed_with_jenn | Instagram
- Jennifer George | Website
- @jenngeorge08) | Twitter
- Jennifer George | Facebook
Click here to check out my book about connecting and communicating with patients to empower their experiences!
Stay up to date on everything happening with the Healthcare Provider Happy Hour by subscribing to my weekly newsletter at www.jennifergeorge.co