How We Can Lead Ourselves Out of Day-to-day Conflict and Crises with Debra Woog, Crisis Navigation Partner
In this week’s episode, I am joined by Debra A. Woog, a Crisis Navigation Partner with 30+ years of experience as a leadership researcher, executive, and advisor. Debra’s career path has included conducting research at Harvard Business School, advising tech start-ups on People Strategy, and directing admissions and career development for the MIT dual-degree MBA program Leaders for Global Operations. She earned a B.A. in Psychology and American Studies from Wellesley College and an MBA from the MIT Sloan School of Management. She is a trained mediator & ombudsman, and Brené Brown has certified her as a Dare to Lead professional. Debra speaks of the personal, professional, and business crises that can arrive without warning, quickly turning a well-managed life, team, or organization into a state of confusion and chaos. She guides women to the right messages, tools, and allies so they are able to lead their way to the best possible outcomes.
Debra and I discuss her own journey of becoming a Crisis Navigation Partner and what that all entails, along with how we can lead ourselves out of conflict and crises that arise on a day-to-day basis.
Tune in to this week’s episode to learn:
- How you can take a moment to reset yourself, and even your patients, in an acute crisis
- What the differences are in navigating through a personal vs professional crises
- How the pandemic has been affecting people mentally & the increase in burnout
- What key takeaways she suggests to navigating life’s big challenges
- How the ‘three C’s’ can help when you’re dealing with a crisis, or preparing for one
Grab your drink of choice and join the conversation!
‘Preparing for Difficult Conversations’ Resource: https://connecttwo.pages.ontraport.net/DCTips
Connect with Jennifer George:
- @bestobsessed_with_jenn | Instagram
- Jennifer George | Website
- @jenngeorge08) | Twitter
- Jennifer George | Facebook
Click here to check out my book about connecting and communicating with patients to empower their experiences!
Stay up to date on everything happening with the Healthcare Provider Happy Hour by subscribing to my weekly newsletter at www.jennifergeorge.co