054: Sharing Our Stories To Support Our Colleagues with Nichola Browning
In this episode, I chat with Nichola about the importance of sharing our stories with others.
Nichola’s nursing career spans over three decades and has a depth of knowledge and experience. She shares her wisdom about her career, reflective practice, and the importance of self-reflection.
It’s time to share our stories about burnout, as this has the potential to assist others to recognise that they may be heading toward burnout and seek early intervention. Burnout can be very isolating but knowing you are not alone and having the support of peers and community is a powerful aid to recovery.
TOPICS WE DISCUSSED INCLUDE:
- Nichola’s volunteering journey (05:30)
- Her personal burnout experience (11:29)
- The effects of compassion fatigue and burnout (16:40)
- Her commitment to being well for life (19:55)
- The Five Aspects of Self-Care (22:00)
- The importance of having a support system (26:39)
- The power of me too movement (31:33)
- How journaling helped Nichola with her burnout (33:45)
CONNECT WITH NICHOLA BROWNING
Check out the Burnout No More courses here.
Learn more about the Young Stroke Project here.
CONNECT WITH ELAINA MULLERY
Connect with me on LinkedIn
Subscribe to my Youtube channel
For more information got to: happynurse.com.au/podcast/