044: Self-care and A New Healthcare Technology For Nurses With Zara Lord
In this episode, we get to chat with Zara Lord, an ICU Registered Nurse and the founder of uPaged.
Zara is shaking up the casual Nursing workforce with her app, uPaged.
A new technology that is specific to the needs of different healthcare organisations and departments, as well as the individual Nurses experience and skill set.
Rostering is a dynamic process. NUM’s often find themselves juggling and moving staff a bit like a game of Tetris. With the help of uPaged it becomes easier for managers to match nurse’s expertise with different patients and departments.
In this episode Zara and Elaina chat about the importance of self-care for Nurses, what they’re going through on a daily basis and how uPaged can assist. Zara also shares what she does to keep herself healthy, both mentally and physically.
TOPICS WE DISCUSSED INCLUDE:
- A Google Map for new opportunities (9:20)
- Reverse your negative self-belief with the positive (20:01)
- The power of gratitude (21:16)
- Do a power pose for 2 minutes (22:52)
- Become the best version of your yourself (24:55)
- Success leaves clues (26:33)
- Indulge in self-care (28:41)
- Connect with your inner child (29:37)
- Recognise your needs (30:53)
- Love the journey (33:15)
Nurse and Midwife Support Number: 1-800-667-877
FOR MORE INFORMATION VISIT: HappyNurse.com.au