020: The 5 steps to courageous conversations with Ally Nitschke
Are you experiencing conflict in your professional or even personal life but sweep them under the rug instead of confronting them?
If you are, then it’s time that you had a Courageous Conversation with those involved. These conversations are where you speak up about what you feel and what is weighing you down. However, more often than not, we are scared to have Courageous Conversations because of the stories we have in our heads.
In this episode, we talk about the 5 steps towards having a Courageous Conversation. They can be confrontational with a lot of emotion involved. Through these tips and strategies, we can learn to better deal with what is going on in the mind chatter, step out of our comfort zones, and start these conversations.
When we lean into the uncomfortableness, we can find that there are so many good things on the other side when you can have these Courageous Conversations.
TOPICS WE DISCUSSED INCLUDE:
- Importance of mastering Courageous Conversations (3:36)
- Who needs you to be on your A-Game? (9:26)
- Encouraging others to follow their dreams when you follow yours (10:29)
- Resilience and challenging the status quo (10:30)
- The 5 Steps to a Courageous Conversation (11:36)
- Step 1: Mastering your story (11:55)
- Pattern interrupting technique (12:50)
- Step 2: Go on a fact-finding mission (13:30)
- Is that true and how do I know that it is true? (14:03)
- THINK: Is it true, helpful, inspiring, necessary, and kind (14:18)
- Step 3: Begin with the end in mind (14:39)
- Step 4: Plan it out (15:40)
- Step 5: Find the space (16:20)
- Resolution, solution, progress (17:05)
- Pre-frame (18:36)
- Communicating outside the courageous conversation (18:51)
- Moving out of the comfort zone (20:08)
- The inner critic (22:21)
- World Health Organization has declared burnout as a syndrome (23:14)
- The stories that we tell ourselves is a huge cause of stress (23:29)
- Compassion fatigue (24:24)
- Filling your own cup through self-care (26:55)
CONNECT WITH ALLY NITSCHKE
Connect with Ally on LinkedIn
CONNECT WITH ELAINA MULLERY
Connect with me on LinkedIn
Subscribe to my Youtube channel