021: From Employee To Entrepreneur with Samantha Riley
What do you truly want your life to look like?
The pandemic has given people the space to stop and take this time to think about what it is they really want to do in life. This may not only be from a career or job perspective, but in a personal perspective as well.
Maybe you’ve realised you want to spend more quality time with your family. Or maybe you’re looking for more choice and freedom with how you spend your time and energy.
In this episode, Samantha Riley shares the benefits of creating your own business, how having a business can give you more freedom and stability, and have the chance to do work that matters in the world.
By sharing your expertise, not only are you creating fulfillment for yourself, but changing other people’s lives and creating a ripple of impact.
TOPICS WE DISCUSSED INCLUDE:
- Reverse engineering your desired life (5:15)
- Having time to re-set (7:40)
- Indulgent self-care isn’t selfish (9:20)
- Addressing all 5 aspects of self-care (11:18)
- Life is different now and we have to live differently (12:44)
- Giving yourself permission to show up as the best version of yourself (14:45)
- Allowing yourself to blossom (15:25)
- Parents as entrepreneurs (15:50)
- Having the ability to put things in place (17:14)
- Wanting to be the superheroes as moms (18:18)
- Too afraid to take the risk of entrepreneurship (20:20)
- Having a business can give you more freedom (21:25)
- Being clear about where you’re heading (22:40)
- Your zone of genius (22:47)
- The KEEP Principle for starting a business (23:25)
- Pursuing your dreams (25:05)
- Doing work that really matters (25:25)
- The catalyst for change (26:25)
- Is there such a thing as a stable job? (27:50)
- Consistently showing up (30:26)
- Getting caught on the path to burnout (33:43)
CONNECT WITH SAMANTHA RILEY
Connect with Samantha on LinkedIn
CONNECT WITH ELAINA MULLERY
Connect with me on LinkedIn
Subscribe to my Youtube channel