009: Self-Care Through The Emotional Freedom Technique with Lauren Bell
Have you ever felt stressed or anxious in a certain situation and needed a way to lessen and release the pain?
The Emotional Freedom Technique or EFT Tapping is an alternative therapy to relieve stress and anxiety. This technique involves light taps in certain points on your body, particularly on the head, face, and arms while focusing on the issue you want to treat. The tapping of different body parts accompanied by positive mantras helps balance your energy and reduce physical or emotional pain.
In this episode, Lauren shares a great technique for self-care which helps you calm down so that you can think and act more clearly.
Through this simple exercise, you give yourself permission to take care of yourself.
Remember that you need to fill up your cup so you can give from the overflow.
TOPICS WE DISCUSSED INCLUDE:
- Emotional freedom technique (EFT): Mind-body technique (4:59)
- The benefits of EFT (10:43)
- EFT for Self-Care (13:13)
- Step 1: Tune in to your body (13:57)
- Tune in to your over-giving self (17:15)
- We often don’t feel our feelings (17:35)
- Step 2: Determine on a scale from 1 to 10 how strong you feel your negative emotions (19:42)
- Step 3: Tapping on the parts of the body while repeating your mantra (20:23)
- Step 4: Continue the tapping until the stress level goes down (21:11)
- Tapping points on your body (21:20)
- Stating our negative emotions is part of the release (22:51)
- Reframing your thoughts (23:35)
- Tapping scripts you can use (26:50)
CONNECT WITH LAUREN BELL
Connect with Lauren on Facebook
Connect with Lauren on LinkedIn
CONNECT WITH ELAINA MULLERY
Connect with me on LinkedIn
Subscribe to my Youtube channel