HELLO HARMONY: How One of Today’s Unconventional Nursing Leaders Discovered the True Definition of Success
“If the path before you is clear, you’re probably on someone else’s.” ― Joseph Campbell
This podcast is like being in one of those movies that you watch until the end of the credits, hoping for surprise ‘bonus material,’ because you want the inspiration to live life more fully, and become the best version of yourself, to last a little longer.
In this podcast course, participants will understand:
- the importance of developing their own definition of success – just because an idea is popular, doesn’t mean it’s true.
- dispel the common myths regarding pace, order, and limitations in achieving career goals.
- how the courage to change-course and follow ‘bread crumbs,’ when life presents challenge and/or opportunity, is essential to one’s evolution of happiness, human potential, and meaningful work.
- how honoring the vision of one’s ideal life, and every-day ‘non-negotiables,’ engenders clarity and confidence.
About the Instructor
Chris Recinos, PhD, RN, FNP-BC, NEA-BC, is the CEO and founder of Nurse Leader Network and podcast, which is dedicated to helping nurse leaders with tools, resources, and connections to revolutionize health care, while enhancing their lives outside of their occupation. In November 2020, Chris started the development of the texting bot app, “Hello Harmony,” to address adolescent mental health and suicide. Her former roles include Chief Nurse Executive for Kaiser Permanente South Bay Medical Center; Deputy Nurse Executive for the Veterans Administration; and a variety of academic, nurse practitioner, and registered nurse positions.
- Learn how to care for yourself in order to effectively care for others.
- Learn how to create a set of negotiables, non-negotiables, and short and long term goals that relate to your work and personal life
- Learn how to become an entrepreneur and the power of “action”
I. Introductions/Get to know Chris
- Growing up in Foster Homes
- Barbies to a baby – having a child at 14
- The nurse that changed everything
- The oath – not for me, and never for my child
- The reunion – “I’m here because of you; I’m a nurse because of you.”
II. Losing Harmony
- Unspeakable tragedy
- The baby that saved me
- The road to ‘success’ that bypassed the things you can’t replace
- Never again
III. Hello Harmony – Harnessing ‘the hustle’
- First, the hustle to cope with loss
- Next, Harmony’s sis-inspired- ‘hackathon’ aims ‘the hustle’ in an unexpected direction
- Then, Grace leads ‘the hustle’ to bring healing, meaning, and saving of lives
IV. Design your time
- Whose ‘to do’ list are you checking-off?
- Setting Boundaries – What are your Non-Negotiables?
- Design your life – and ask if everything you do goes toward or away-from that vision
V. Serving others through life lessons that’ve created an unconventional nursing leader
- Best Practices
- Coaching Leaders
- Serving Nurse Entrepreneurs
VI. Practices to become a leader
- Get good in the job that you’re currently in
- Help others meet their goals
- The difference between you and those that don’t do it is action (not degrees or talk)
- Take care of yourself
VII. How nurses innovate when they’re unleashed, and allowed to love what they do again
- The escape room
- Dispelling sacred cows, question limitations
- Forge your own path