The Changing Landscape of Cyber Operations with Tiffany Kleemann, Managing Director, Deloitte & Touche LLP and Raj Mehta, Partner, Deloitte & Touche LLP
As organizations recognize the inevitability of breaches, resiliency becomes a paramount concern in their cybersecurity strategy. Leveraging a skilled, extended workforce can help.
In this episode, Tiffany Kleemann, managing director in Deloitte & Touche LLPs Cyber practice, and Raj Mehta, partner in Deloitte & Touche LLPs Cyber practice, share their insights on the challenges and strategies in managing cybersecurity at life sciences and healthcare companies. They highlight the increasing targeting of these industries by bad actors, the rapid pace of technological change, the difficulty in attracting and retaining cyber talent, and the emerging financial pressures that organizations now face. Raj and Tiffany shed light on cybersecurity as a strategic business risk, a shift due to regulatory changes for more disclosures of cyber incidents, and the recognition that cybersecurity can accelerate growth, support digital transformation, and enhance brand reputation for healthcare and life sciences organizations. Organizations should prepare for cyberattacks and focus on continuing operations during disruptions, which is why Raj mentions various tactics organizations are using to address cybersecurity challenges while balancing costs and skill sets.
Don’t miss this insightful episode as we explore the strategies deployed by life sciences and healthcare organizations in the ever-evolving landscape of cybersecurity.
- Connect with and follow Tiffany Kleemann on LinkedIn.
- Connect with and follow Raj Mehta on LinkedIn.
- Follow Deloitte on LinkedIn.
- Read insights on this topic on Deloitte’s Health Forward blog
- Learn about the SEC’s cyber ruling requirements here
- Read Deloitte’s 2023 Global Future of Cyber Report
- Source: https://www.hipaajournal.com/july-2021-healthcare-data-breach-report/
- Source: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-cybersecurity-hospitals-idUSKCN0HJ21I20140924/