Exploring Threat Assessment Strategies in Healthcare Settings with Randy Stephan, Vice President for Security, and Mark Concordia, Executive Director for Workforce Violence Prevention, at Advocate Health
Strong community partnerships and shared responsibility are vital for effective threat assessment and management in healthcare.
In this episode, Mary Beth Kingston, Chief Nursing Officer at Advocate Health, discusses workplace violence prevention with Randy Stephan, VP for Security, and Mark Concordia, Executive Director for Workforce Violence Prevention. They focus on threat and risk assessment in healthcare, highlighting the importance of identifying and preventing targeted violence. The episode emphasizes the science and evidence-based approach to threat assessment and underscores the need for multidisciplinary partnerships, executive buy-in, expertise, resources, and governance in establishing effective programs. Mark and Randy also discuss external engagement and collaboration with law enforcement and community partners.
Stay tuned as we explore the proactive strategies and collaborative efforts that contribute to creating safer environments within the healthcare industry.
- Connect with and follow Randy Stephan on LinkedIn.
- Connect with and follow Mark Concordia on LinkedIn.
- Follow Advocate Aurora Health on LinkedIn.
- Explore Advocate Aurora Health’s Website.
- Connect with and follow Mary Beth Kingston on LinkedIn.
- Learn more about Advocate Health on LinkedIn.
- Visit Advocate Health’s Website.