Enhancing Safety with a Reporting Culture: Taking Action Against Violence in Healthcare with
Workplace violence in healthcare goes beyond physical aggression.
In this episode, Mary Beth Kingston, Chief Nursing Officer at Advocate Health, discusses with Karen Garvey, Vice President of Patient Safety and Clinical Risk Management at Parkland Health in Dallas, the critical issue of workplace violence in healthcare, exploring various forms of workplace violence. Karen highlights the psychological impact of intimidation, harassment, and name-calling, which often go unreported in healthcare settings. She emphasizes the importance of creating a reporting culture and addresses the challenges in encouraging employees to come forward with their experiences. Karen discusses how the healthcare industry faces a significantly higher rate of violence compared to general business and industry.
Tune in to uncover the hidden reality of workplace violence in healthcare and explore strategies to enhance safety in the workplace.
- Connect with and follow Karen Garvey on LinkedIn.
- Follow Parkland Health on LinkedIn.
- Explore Parkland Health’s Website.
- Connect with and follow Mary Beth Kingston on LinkedIn.
- Learn more about Advocate Health on LinkedIn.
- Visit Advocate Health’s Website.
- What if you’re the bully? Read more to find out here.