Combatting Bullying and Incivility in Healthcare with Renee Thompson, Founder and CEO of Healthy Workforce Institute
There is more bullying in healthcare than in any other industry in the world.
In this episode, Mary Beth Kingston, Chief Nursing Officer at Advocate Health, discusses with Renee Thompson, Founder and CEO of Healthy Workforce Institute, the negative effects of bullying and incivility in the healthcare sector. Renee begins by shedding light on what bullying is and explains how bullying negatively affects the quality of care nurses and physicians provide. She offers recognizable patterns that healthcare staff can use to identify if they are the target of disruptive behaviors by their colleagues, points out key factors to have in mind before doing something about it, and provides actionable steps to confront the people causing it constructively. Renee believes that healthcare leaders should receive personalized and regular training on how to handle heated situations and rude behaviors in the healthcare sector, as they can’t be ignored.
Listen to the talk and learn how to create a nurturing environment in your organization where bullying and incivility give way to collaboration and positive outcomes!
- Connect with and follow Renee Thompson on LinkedIn.
- Follow Healthy Workforce Institute on LinkedIn.
- Explore Healthy Workforce Institute’s Website!
- Connect with and follow Mary Beth Kingston on LinkedIn.
- Learn more about Advocate Health on LinkedIn.
- Visit Advocate Health’s Website!
- What if you’re the bully? Read more to find out here!