On the Pulse: Nursing’s Role in the Ukraine Crisis and How All of Us Can Help
The world is witnessing the largest European invasion since World War II. The invasion of Ukraine by Russia continues to unfold, and many people in both countries and the surrounding nations are caught in an escalating crisis and are seeking refuge. Dr. Nancy Reynolds, Professor and Associate Dean of Global Affairs at the Johns Hopkins School of Nursing details the situation on the ground and how people everywhere can be helping.
Podcast References and Resources
- Resources to Support Ukrainian Military Children & Their Families (MCEC)
- Psychological First Aid | Coursera
- Doing What Matters In Times of Stress: Available in Ukrainian
- Psychological first aid: Guide for field workers: Available in Ukrainian
- Rapid Psychological First Aid Pocket Card
- Coping With Grief
- Coping After a Disaster *For Children*
- Managing the Stress of War and Disaster
This episode originally aired on On The Pulse on March 16, 2022. Click here to listen, follow and share more episodes from On The Pulse.