Peeking into the future of healthcare — with Tom Kiesau, Lauren Goodman, Shreesh Tiwari, and Dr. Darryl Gibbings-Isaac
Among the many offerings at HIMSS21 is The Future of Healthcare, a continuation of the State of Healthcare data-driven virtual event HIMSS hosted back in June. On this special episode of HIMSSCast, we welcome all four HIMSS Trust Partners and presenters to give a sneak peak of what's to come at the August event.
Host Jonah Comstock and MobiHealthNews Managing Editor Laura Lovett speak with Tom Kiesau, director and digital health leader at the Chartis Group; Lauren Goodman, director of market intelligence at HIMSS; Shreesh Tiwari, a principal at ZS; and Dr. Darryl Gibbings-Isaac, a senior manager in Accenture’s Health Strategy Practice.
- State of Healthcare takeaways
- Tension between learning technology lessons and getting back to normal
- Patient attitudes about machine learning and artificial intelligence
- Providers still looking for value proposition for AI, digital health adoption barriers
- How payers are embracing technological innovation
- The future of digital health investment
- Uncertainties: What will big tech companies do? What will providers prioritize?
- More uncertainties: Value-based care adoption, interoperability and patient data access
- Generational differences in patient attitudes
- New competitive threats for health systems, payers
- Keeping health equity and patient-centricity in mind as we build healthcare’s future
- The importance of trust in healthcare
- Technology’s potential to humanize healthcare
- How COVID-19 has and hasn’t changed healthcare
More about this episode: