Age-related cognitive decline is not inevitable — with Dr. Charles Alessi
Is losing your mental faculties just a part of getting older? In his new book, Dr. Charles Alessi, HIMSS Chief Clinical Officer, says no. Host Jonah Comstock welcomes Dr. Alessi to discuss "Increase Your Brainability — and Reduce Your Risk of Dementia", his recently published book with co-authors Larry Chambers and Sir Muir Gray.
- Why write this book now?
- Reducing the mystery and misinformation about dementia
- Dr. Alessi’s co-authors, Muir Gray and Larry Chambers
- Misconceptions about dementia and inevitability
- New technology addressing cognitive decline
- Resilience and neural plasticity
- Other things people can do to stave off cognitive decline
- Questioning the inevitability of aging
- The digital divide and the importance of designing products for older people
- The link between mental and physical health
More about this episode