Ep. 99: Improving Healthcare with DeSci – Vincent Weisser (Chief Product at Molecule)
Vincent Weisser is the Chief Product at Molecule, an open platform that connects decentralized science research to funding. Molecule is creating collaborative marketplaces, where stakeholders in drug development can work together to expedite the process of medical research. On this episode, Vincent shares how they connect leading researchers to funding by giving ownership of the intellectual property and its development to individuals as opposed to only institutions – making it a liquid and easily investable asset.
- How Vincent’s background in design and software engineering got him started in the world of blockchain.
- How decentralized science (DeSci) can create a more scalable and transparent environment for medical research.
- Why DAOs can potentially revolutionize the future of capital formation while also accelerating the ability to impact people.
- Vincent shares the benefits of decentralizing the funding of research as well as the challenges of pioneering the industry.
- How Molecule is creating a marketplace for decentralized research where contributors can discuss and debate the specifics of the experiment.
- Why decentralized science and cloud labs create a unique opportunity for scaling research through robots and automation.
Connect with Vincent
- Vincent Weisser
- Molecule Protocol Home | A New Era of Drug Development
- @vincentweisser / Twitter
More than 12,556 monkeypox cases and three deaths have been reported in 68 countries since early May, and will continue to rise.
According to a recent Science magazine editorial, Epidemiologic investigations indicate that the predominant mode of transmission is through skin-to-skin and sexual contact, not contact with contaminated clothing or bed linens. Although respiratory droplet transmission might occur, there is no evidence of airborne transmission as there is with COVID-19. Symptoms usually start within three weeks of exposure to the monkeypox virus with symptoms lasting 2 to 4 weeks.
Health Unchained Links