Ep. 38: Sequegenics (MassChallenge HealthTech 2019 Participant) – Dario Dilernia, Jorge Atala
Sequegenics – Dario Dilernia PhD, Founder of Sequegenics, Emory Vaccine Center, postdoc research, University of Buenos Aires Virology
Jorge Atala – Co-founder, Solutions Architect
Our company’s expertise is DNA sequencing using a technology called “long-read NGS,” the only technology able to produce high-resolution DNA sequencing. With our technology, we can reduce the cost of sequencing a human genome by 10 times.
From: The MassChallenge HealthTech Team
– From 400+ applications to 31 startups and now 7 prize winners, this year’s cohort has seen incredible success and growth. To date, startups that have participated in MassChallenge HealthTech have raised more than $378M in funding, generated more than $52M in revenue, and created more than 1,200 jobs.
– The 2019 MassChallenge HealthTech Finale brought together over 300 leaders and supporters from the digital health community to celebrate MassChallenge HealthTech entrepreneurs at Revere Hotel Boston Common.
– $100K Diamond Winner & $10K WeHealth Startup Choice Winner- 1upHealth is a data platform intended to automate data integrations with health systems and wearable devices.
– $40K Platinum Winner – GoGoGrandparent is a virtual caregiving platform in which senior citizens can request Uber/Lyft rides with the touch of one button, simplifying the process for them.
– $40K Platinum Winner – Pixm is an anti-phishing protection platform that uses deep learning computer vision to detect phishing attacks in real time.
– $10K MITRE Women in Digital Health Award Winner – Welnys is a platform used to help companies better manage their employee’s well being by implementing mindfulness activities, nutrition, wellness and fitness services.
– Goodwin Procter Champion of the Year Award – Harvard Pilgrim Health Care Leading not-for-profit health services company serving members in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire and beyond. This award was voted by members of this year’s MassChallenge HealthTech 2019 Cohort.
– $20K Judges’ Award Winner – Marigold Health uses artificial intelligence to tackle mental health stigma, cost and accessibility and provide therapy to the patient.
Health Unchained Links
Udemy Blockchain/Healthcare Course (Promo Code DOGUM2019): https://www.udemy.com/blockchain-and-healthcare/?couponCode=DOGUM2019