Ep. 34: Cutting your Medical Bills – Edward Bukstel (CEO Clinical Blockchain)
Ed Bukstel has served as a leader in multiple healthcare companies for over 3 decades. He started Bukstel & Halfpenny in 1986, an early tech company where the aim was to connect physicians and clinics together, you were involved with some WebMD mergers, you are CEO of multiple health and wellness companies.
• Ed started Clinical Blockchain in 2016 (currently 8 employees) aims to be an advocate for patients to help decrease their bills and avoid collection agencies
• What problems do your prospects have that your business solves?
• What sets you apart from your competitors?
• IQVIA’s big data
• Dealing with surprise medical bills
• Trust and Transparency in healthcare
• Selling fake medical records
• Using EOS protocol
• 23andMe and privacy
• Related episodes:
• Machine Learning training as a black box
Welcome to the Health Unchained New Corner.
Facebook has finally announced with attempt to start a new cryptocurrency, Libra. Libra is rather impressive with dozens of big time companies including Visa, Mastercard, Paypal, Uber, Lyft, Andreessen Horowitz, eBay, and Spotify as founding members. The plan is for developers to use a simpler new smart contracting language called, Move. Facebook’s motivation is to allow the billions who do not have access to a bank to access the financial systems. Many speculate that Facebook will not offer the same censorship resistance and privacy attributes as other cryptocurrencies in the market can offer.
Health Unchained Links
Udemy Blockchain/Healthcare Course (Promo Code DOGUM2019): https://www.udemy.com/blockchain-and-healthcare/?couponCode=DOGUM2019
Beyond Blocks Newsletter: http://beyondblocks.bertcmiller.com/