Ep. 11: Healthcare Decentralization – Dr. James Todaro (CEO MedCredits)
In this episode, I speak with Dr. James Todaro – co-founder and CEO of MedCredits about Decentralization and his experience in the healthcare and blockchain community.
• Medcredits Origins
• Advantages and disadvantages of decentralization in healthcare
• Hippocrates app – Tele-dermatology as the first available service in beta
• Token Curated Registry(TCR) used to create a decentralized global physician registry
• Investor speculation and competitive token sale environment
• Permissioned blockchains
• How has your medical school training helped you in your endeavor with MedCredits?
• Artificial Intelligence
• Shortage of healthcare providers
• Can you share some of the competitive pressures you are feeling in this space right now? What other blockchain companies are trying to do what you are doing?
• Technology adoption takes time especially in healthcare
MedCredits beta application: https://medium.com/medcredits/get-paid-to-test-the-hippocrates-physician-ui-dfffacaa29c0
Learn about TCR: https://medium.com/medcredits/a-token-curated-registry-for-occupational-licensing-6ada7c43df4e
Mount Sinai Health System is looking to take a lead role in finding ways that healthcare can use emerging blockchain solutions.
The New York-based integrated delivery system has launched the Center for Biomedical Blockchain Research to solve healthcare challenges using technology that underlies the Bitcoin cryptocurrency and provides a data structure that can be timed-stamped and signed using a private key.