Your Sex Questions Answered | Dr Michael Krychman
40 million women in the US suffer from sexual disorders, that is 35%-40% of our female population. This most common of female sexual dysfunctions involves a lack of sexual interest and willingness to be sexual.
Dr. Michael Krychman speaks about sexual health and libido. He is the Executive Director of the Southern California Center for Sexual Health and Survivorship Medicine, and he is the former Co-Director of the Sexual Medicine and Rehabilitation Program at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer. You will find him to be extremely knowledgeable, and incredibly compassionate in this conversation. I learned so much and am excited to share it with you.
In this episode, Dr Krychman covers:
- The difference between sexual dysfunction and sexual problem
- What a normal sex life really means
- Types of sexual dysfunction and solutions
- When it is time to seek professional help
- Dr Paul Gittens | Men’s Sexual Health: Minimizing Shame & Offering Solutions
- Corey Hazama | Pelvic Floor Physical Therapy and Pain
Dr Allyson Shrikhande | How Pelvic Floor Rehabilitation Can Help You in Surprising Way
- Dipsea app
- The Sexual Spark
- Reduce blue light exposure with Baxter Blues. Use FEMPOWERHEALTH for 15% off.
If you liked this episode and you’re feeling generous, please leave a review on iTunes!
And be sure to:
- Follow Fempower Health on Instagram for updates and tips.
- Follow the podcast and tell your friends!
- Shop the Fempower Health store for products discussed on the podcast.
- Sign up for the Fempower Health Monthly Newsletter
- ReceptivaDx the sponsor of all of Season 2. Provide code FEMPOWER-HEALTH for $75 off.
More About Dr Krychman
Michael L. Krychman’s special interests include menopausal health, hormone therapy, sexual pain disorders, and loss of libido, chronic medical illness and medical devices and their impact on female sexual function.
Dr. Krychman has published 7 books and has been featured on the Today show, New York Times, US News and World Report World Report, The Wall Street Journal, Health Magazine and many others.
He was the creator of the recent WISH Initiative (Women’ Initiative on Sexual Health) and the 2013 recipient of the WISH Outstanding Achievement award given by the ISSWSH. He is also on the professional advisory board for the Patty Brisben Foundation.
In 2019 and again in 2020, he was named an Orange County Physician of Excellence by Orange Coast Magazine in Survivorship, Sexual Medicine and Menopause.
**The information shared by Fempower Health is not medical advice but for information purposes to enable you to have more effective conversations with your doctor. Always talk to your doctor before making health-related decisions.
Contains affiliate links.