Why We Need to Respect Women Without Kids | Ruby Warrington
In this honest and moving episode, author Ruby Warrington joins Fempower Health to discuss her new book, Women Without Kids. We cover all topics from childless couples who don’t want children to women who can’t have children even though it’s their deepest desire.
Ruby shares her experiences writing such an important book, societal pressures for women to have kids, patriarchal assumptions, childlessness vs child-free, and fertility and sterility issues influencing adults today.
Listen for an insightful, relatable conversation and be sure to check out Ruby’s newest book, Women Without Kids, available in Spring 2023.
Discussed in this episode:
- Thoughts on Ruby’s new book and why she wrote it
- What does motherhood mean today?
- The impact our relationships with our mothers have on views on motherhood
- Why do women decide to not have kids?
- Rethinking the assumption that women should automatically want children
- External pressures women face about marriage, motherhood, and childrearing
- Infertility and its impact on women with no kids
- Pronatalism and society’s historical conditioning
“There’s no such thing as normal. There’s no perfect, untainted path. Whatever path we choose in life is going to come with some regrets, challenges, and suffering.” – Ruby Warrington
Related to this episode:
- Ruby’s website: www.rubywarrington.com
- Get the Book: Women Without Kids
- Follow Ruby on Instagram: @rubywarrington
- Recommended Book: Birth Strike
- Recommended Book: Countdown
- Related Episodes on Fertility
If you want to support this women’s health podcast, leave a review for Fempower Health on iTunes or Spotify.
Spread the awareness and share this episode with someone you know!
Support and connect with our women’s health community:
- Subscribe to the Fempower Health Podcast for new episodes every Tuesday
- Visit us online at www.fempower-health.com
- Sign up for our weekly newsletter for the latest announcements, news, and research
- Follow us on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter
- Join Fempower Health on Patreon
- Email us for inquiries & outreach: [email protected]
**The information shared by Fempower Health is not medical advice but for informational purposes to enable you to have more effective conversations with your doctor. Always talk to your doctor before making health-related decisions. Additionally, the views expressed by the Fempower Health podcast guests are their own and their appearance on the program does not imply an endorsement of them or any entity they represent.**
**Contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links**