What to do about those Migraines! | Dr Christine Lay & Nim Lalvani
The American Migraine Foundation is a non-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of research and awareness surrounding migraine, a disabling condition that impacts more than 39 million men, women and children in the United States.
In this episode, Dr. Christine Lay & Nim Lalvani cover:
- Challenges with getting diagnosed with migraine given the dynamics of our healthcare system
- How to get properly diagnosed and tools to help you do just that
- Impact of migraines on individuals and loved ones
- How to manage migraines including available treatments
- Download the American Migraine Foundation’s patient tools
- Sign up for the World Migraine Summit
- About the American Headache Society
If you liked this episode and you’re feeling generous, please leave a review on iTunes!
And be sure to:
- Sign up for the Fempower Health Monthly Newsletter
- Follow on Instagram for updates and tips.
- Shop the Fempower Health store for products discussed on the podcast.
- ReceptivaDx the sponsor of all of Season 2. Provide code FEMPOWER-HEALTH for $75 off.
About my Guests
Dr. Christine Lay is a professor of neurology at the University of Toronto where she holds the Deborah Ivey Christiani Brill Chair in Neurology and she is the founding director of the Centre for Headache at Women’s College Hospital. As someone who has had migraine most of her life, Dr. Lay understands firsthand the disability of this common brain disorder. She advocate for her patients and educates trainees and colleagues to better understand and treat migraine. In her position as a board member of the American Headache Society and the Canadian Headache Society, she works tirelessly on a clinical and research level to improve patient care and lessen migraine stigma. She is excited to be part of the American Migraine Foundation and work with AMF leaders to move against migraine.
Nim Lalvani has worked in patient engagement, patient programming and patient advocacy for over 12 years. She has held leadership positions at organizations including the National Kidney Foundation, Younger Survival Coalition and New York State Health Foundation. As director of the American Migraine Foundation, she plans to fully commit to the needs of patients affected by migraine and ensure that they have access to support, resources and research that will empower them throughout their patient journey.
**The information shared by Fempower Health is not medical advice but for information purposes to enable you to have more effective conversations with your doctor. Always talk to your doctor before making health-related decisions.
Contains affiliate links.