Restoring Your Core due to Abdominal Separation | Carrie Koziol
Carrie Koziol is a Women’s Health Physical Therapist, Pilates Specialist, DRA Trainer, and Puberty/Perimenopause Coach passionate about educating vagina owners about their body whether they are in puberty or perimenopause. In this episode, Carrie speaks about diastasis rectus abdominis (DRA), which is a separation of the left and right side of the abdominal muscles impacting pregnant women, older women, babies, and men.
In this episode, Carrie covers:
- Causes of DRA and other conditions that may come with it
- How to prevent and treat DRA including precautions about surgery & the types of kegels you do
- How a women’s health PT can help (and when it is time for surgery)
- What you can do if you can’t afford a women’s health PT
- How Pelvic Floor Rehabilitation Can Help You in Surprising Ways
- Pelvic Floor Physical Therapy and Pain
If you liked this episode and you’re feeling generous, please leave a review on iTunes!
And be sure to:
- Sign up for the Fempower Health Monthly Newsletter
- Follow on Instagram for updates and tips.
- Shop the Fempower Health store for products discussed on the podcast.
- ReceptivaDx the sponsor of all of Season 2. Provide code FEMPOWER-HEALTH for $75 off.
More About Carrie Koziol
Carrie’s passion is empowering and educating women about their bodies. She specializes in tackling “taboo” topics with a blend of humor, expertise, and practical tips that women are able to use right away to start moving their bodies better. A Women’s Health Physical Therapist and experienced speaker, she has spoken in front of large audiences like MommyCon Chicago and more intimate settings in living rooms across the state, delivering messages to remind women that their bodies are temples and should be celebrated for all they are capable of doing!!!
She is a mother of three who understands what it is like to juggle motherhood, run a household, and manage a career while striving to remain fit and well. She is excited to share simple ways to infuse more nutritional movement into your daily lives without adding extra stress.
**The information shared by Fempower Health is not medical advice but for information purposes to enable you to have more effective conversations with your doctor. Always talk to your doctor before making health-related decisions.
Contains affiliate links.