LISTEN AGAIN: Dispelling Myths about Your Menstrual Cycle | Amy Divaraniya
Until recently, it was thought a normal cycle for women was 28 days. While data now shows this is not the case, innovative tools continue to be developed to better understand what is “normal” for a given woman. Dr Amy Divaraniya, the CEO and co-founder of OOVA speaks with Fempower Health.
In this episode, Amy covers:
- Myths about women’s menstrual cycles, including “28 days is normal”
- Surprising information OOVA is uncovering about women’s cycles, including better understanding when you ovulate
- Why LH is not the only important hormone for fertility
- What women can do to better understand their personal “normal” cycle
Referenced in the podcast:
- Use Code Fempower10 for 10% off – Click here to purchase OOVA
- PROMISE trial
- Not Broken: An Approachable Guide to Miscarriage and Recurrent Pregnancy Loss by Dr Lora Shahine
- Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler
- Ovulation & Progesterone Metabolite: How they may play a role in your Fertility
- Miscarriage and Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
- Ovulation & the Role of Progesterone Metabolite
- Optimizing your Fertility BEFORE Pursuing Expensive Treatments
- Tracking your Hormones
- Transforming Male Fertility
And be sure to:
- Follow Fempower Health on Instagram for updates and tips.
- Follow the podcast and tell your friends!
- Shop the Fempower Health store for products discussed on the podcast.
More About Dr Amy Divaraniya
Dr. Amy Divaraniya is the CEO and Co-Founder of OOVA, a women’s health company. She has more than 10 years of experience as a data scientist and has both led and published original research in the areas of personal genomics and biomarker discovery. In 2017, Dr. Divaraniya chose to pivot her career as a data scientist and devote herself to improving women’s healthcare. After facing her own struggles with conceiving her son, Dr. Divaraniya decided to build a solution to help women having difficulty getting pregnant. Today, her and her team have built the first at home test, OOVA, that measures multiple hormones through urine samples and provides personalized results and insights on a woman’s fertility. As a response to COVID-19, OOVA has done an early product release, which has resonated with many women and clinicians and is now being adopted by fertility clinics and hospitals across the country.
**The information shared by Fempower Health is not medical advice but for information purposes to enable you to have more effective conversations with your doctor. Always talk to your doctor before making health-related decisions.
Contains affiliate links