How the Roe v Wade Overturn Affects Women’s Health | Delphine O’Rourke
On June 24, 2022, Roe v. Wade was overturned by the U.S. Supreme Court. Since then, there has been much concern about the future of women’s health, reproductive rights, and safety.
Fempower Health shares a special bonus episode interviewing health law specialist and women’s healthcare attorney Delphine O’Rourke about the facts. Note: this discussion is not about opinions, but rather about the real implications of this overturn.
In this episode, Delphine O’Rourke addresses some of the widespread fears expressed since the Roe v Wade news. She shares some tips for understanding abortion laws by state, explores women’s health taboo subjects, and suggests what we can all do to empower change moving forward.
Delphine O’Rourke is an attorney specializing in life sciences, healthcare, and investments. She’s a leader of Goodwin’s groundbreaking Women’s Health and Wellness Industry practice. Her experience and expertise have established her as an advocate, thought leader, and global speaker as well as an adjunct professor at Columbia Law School.
Discussed in this episode:
- How does this supreme court decision affect women’s health?
- Common fears people have about Roe v Wade being overturned
- HIPAA and abortion laws regarding personal data privacy
- Sensationalized content on social media vs facts
- Resources for understanding state abortion laws
- How voting can impact women’s health policy
- Ways to research, educate, and advocate women’s health
- Disparities in women’s healthcare at large
- How to improve women’s health care moving forward
“This is so much more than just abortion. It’s about consumer power. We make financial and medical decisions for ourselves and our families. It’s our time to say we want more [medical] attention and we deserve better.” – Delphine O’Rourke
Related to this episode:
- Goodwin Women’s Health and Wellness
- The Center for Intimacy Justice
- Overview of abortion laws by state
- Delphine O’Rourke on LinkedIn
- Delphine at Columbia Law School
Spread the awareness and share this episode with someone you know!
Support and connect with our women’s health community:
- Subscribe to the Fempower Health Podcast for new episodes every Tuesday
- Visit us online at www.fempower-health.com
- Sign up for our weekly newsletter for the latest announcements, news, and research
- Follow us on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter
- Email us for inquiries & outreach: [email protected]
**The information shared by Fempower Health is not medical advice but for informational purposes to enable you to have more effective conversations with your doctor. Always talk to your doctor before making health-related decisions. Additionally, the views expressed by the Fempower Health podcast guests are their own and their appearance on the program does not imply an endorsement of them or any entity they represent.**
**Contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links**