Emerging Femtech for Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month | Oriana Papin-Zoghbi
Ovarian cancer is the deadliest gynecological cancer today. With the much-needed innovation in ovarian cancer research, it’s crucial women understand the complexity and potential for change in this disease.
For Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month, we spoke with Oriana Papin-Zoghbi, the CEO and Co-founder of AOA Dx. AOA Dx is a biotech company focused on early-stage ovarian cancer detection, actively spreading awareness and working toward solutions for women’s health issues.
In this episode, we discuss current insights into ovarian cancer research and prognosis. Oriana shares some ovarian cancer stories and what AOA Dx is doing to help women catch the disease early. We cover the average ovarian cancer survival rate, some symptoms of ovarian cancer, and ways to advocate for better testing in women’s health.
Discussed in this episode:
- Ovarian cancer statistics
- What can women do to catch early signs of ovarian cancer?
- Difficulties doctors and women face in ovarian cancer diagnosis
- Current diagnostic testing processes
- The founding story of AOA Dx
- Why has it been so hard to get a diagnosis for ovarian cancer?
- Where AOA Dx is headed next
- Ways to medically advocate for yourself if you feel something’s wrong
“The biggest thing I would say to women is: listen to your body. If you know that something is off, advocate for yourself. More medical testing is better— because the consequence of missing this cancer at early stages is far greater than paying for more tests.” – Oriana Papin-Zoghbi
Related to this episode:
- Ovarian Cancer: Why Awareness is Critical and What You Need to Know
- More episodes on female-related cancer
- AOA Dx Website
- Follow AOA Dx on LinkedIn
- Follow AOA Dx on Instagram
Spread the awareness and share this episode with someone you know!
Support and connect with our women’s health community:
- Subscribe to the Fempower Health Podcast for new episodes every Tuesday
- Visit us online at www.fempower-health.com
- Sign up for our weekly newsletter for the latest announcements, news, and research
- Follow us on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter
- Email us for inquiries & outreach: [email protected]
More about Oriana:
Oriana Papin-Zoghbi is the CEO and Co-Founder of AOA Dx, a YC-backed biotech company focused on early-stage ovarian cancer detection. She has a proven record in women’s health and driving product launches in new markets, including launching nationwide HPV screening in East Africa and novel diagnostics in maternal-fetal medicine. Oriana has received numerous awards in entrepreneurship for her work in women’s health, including the Massachusetts Life Sciences Center MassNextGen Award and The Wave Summit’s Emerging Women Founder in Bio Award. She has international experience, having both worked and lived in various geographies and has focused her career on increasing access to care for women globally.
**The information shared by Fempower Health is not medical advice but for informational purposes to enable you to have more effective conversations with your doctor. Always talk to your doctor before making health-related decisions. Additionally, the views expressed by the Fempower Health podcast guests are their own and their appearance on the program does not imply an endorsement of them or any entity they represent.**
**Contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links**