How Digital Health Companies Help Treat Pelvic Floor | Karen Stander of Hinge Health
In this episode, Fempower Health talks with Karen Stander, vice president of Physical Therapy and Women’s Health at the virtual pain clinic, Hinge Health. They discuss health equity for women, how digital health companies are revolutionizing the medical system, and what personalized medical care can do to support patients with musculoskeletal disorders.
Discussed in this episode:
- How many women have pelvic floor issues?
- Ways that the American healthcare system limit people from getting the musculoskeletal treatment they need
- What is virtual physical therapy?
- What Hinge Health does and how is helps address medical equity
- The importance of behavioral change in pain management
- How virtual healthcare settings like Hinge operate
- Wearable technology for pain, treatment, and recovery
“Each woman should feel empowered to make decisions for herself… When it comes to addressing systemic issues in healthcare and recognizing that a lot of women don’t have access, how can we help other women get there?” – Karen Stander
Related to this episode:
- Karen Stander on LinkedIn
- Hinge Health on LinkedIn
- Do At-Home Pelvic Floor Exercisers Really Work? | Dr. Allyson Shrikhande
Spread the awareness and share this episode with someone you know!
Support and connect with our women’s health community:
- Subscribe to the Fempower Health Podcast for new episodes every Tuesday
- Visit us online at www.fempower-health.com
- Sign up for our weekly newsletter for the latest announcements, news, and research
- Follow us on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter
- Email us for inquiries & outreach: [email protected]
**The information shared by Fempower Health is not medical advice but for informational purposes to enable you to have more effective conversations with your doctor. Always talk to your doctor before making health-related decisions. Additionally, the views expressed by the Fempower Health podcast guests are their own and their appearance on the program does not imply an endorsement of them or any entity they represent.**
**Contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links**