Endometriosis, Pain, and Whole Women’s Wellness | Dr. Peta Wright
In this episode, Fempower Health interviews Dr. Peta Wright about endometriosis and pelvic pain. Dr. Wright is a gynecologist, fertility specialist, and the founder of Vera Women’s Wellness: a whole woman’s approach to endometriosis healing and recovery.
Together, they discuss endometriosis surgery, treating women with endometriosis, common underlying correlations of pelvic pain, and what we can do to help women in a society that makes pain and periods two “enemies” of productivity.
Discussed in this episode:
- Dr. Wright’s observation of conventional gynecology today, especially when diagnosing endometriosis
- Can pelvic pain and endometriosis symptoms be correlated with childhood trauma?
- Laparoscopies vs other types of treatment for endometriosis
- What to address when seeing a patient with severe endometriosis pain
- Examples of surgery outcomes and when it is and isn’t appropriate for treating endo
- Is pelvic pain the enemy or is it a sign the body needs to be heard?
- How fear-based language in medicine pathologizes women’s bodies
“I don’t think surgery should be what validates a woman’s pain. I think she should be validated when you first see her and she’s talking about her pain.” – Dr. Peta Wright
Related to this episode:
- Dr. Peta Wright on Instagram
- Aviva Romm – Women’s Functional & Integrative Medicine Training
- Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACE) Study
- Learn about Endometriosis
Spread the awareness and share this episode with someone you know!
Support and connect with our women’s health community:
- Subscribe to the Fempower Health Podcast for new episodes every Tuesday
- Visit us online at www.fempower-health.com
- Sign up for our weekly newsletter for the latest announcements, news, and research
- Follow us on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter
- Email us for inquiries & outreach: [email protected]
**The information shared by Fempower Health is not medical advice but for informational purposes to enable you to have more effective conversations with your doctor. Always talk to your doctor before making health-related decisions. Additionally, the views expressed by the Fempower Health podcast guests are their own and their appearance on the program does not imply an endorsement of them or any entity they represent.**
**Contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links**