Dr Jessica Opoku-Anane | Uterine Fibroids
Dr. Jessica Opoku-Anane is a gynecologist who specializes in the minimally invasive treatment of fibroids, abnormal uterine bleeding, chronic pelvic pain, endometriosis, intrauterine scarring (Asherman’s syndrome), pelvic organ prolapse and ovarian pathology.
Opoku-Anane’s research interests include making gynecologic surgery safer and improving treatments for endometriosis and fibroids.
In the episode, Dr Opoku-Anane talks about uterine fibroids and covers:
- Difference between uterine fibroids vs. endometriosis vs. adenomyosis, including the symptoms for each
- Uterine fibroid symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment
- Quality of life and fertility impact
- Questions to ask your doctor
If you liked this episode and you’re feeling generous, don’t forget to leave a review on iTunes!
Referenced in the podcast:
- Take the HUM Nutrition Quiz and Use FEMPOWER to get 15% off your first $29+ order
- Leverage Fempower Health’s find a doctor resource to find a minimally invasive surgeon (or other specialist)
- Learn more about endometriosis in this episode where I interview Dr Tamer Seckin
Spread the word. Women in the know is how we will transform women’s health!
NOTE: Fempower Health may receive a nominal fee for products purchased. The purpose of the podcast, however, is for education purposes only. Always go to a medical professional of your choosing.
Support the show (https://www.patreon.com/fempowerhealth)