Chronic Pelvic Pain: Is it Endometriosis? | Dr. Peta Wright & Dr. Thea Bowler
Chronic pelvic pain affects nearly 20% of women today. Unfortunately, it often goes undiagnosed — or gets assumed as endometriosis. If you or a woman you know struggles with pelvic pain and painful periods, this episode is for you.
Dr. Peta Wright and Dr. Thea Bowler, gynecologists at Vera Women’s Wellness, join us to discuss pelvic pain. As two specialists on endometriosis, fertility, and women’s health, they bring a whole-body perspective to female pelvic pain. They talk about the difficulties of pelvic pain, the nervous system, endometriosis surgery, research in women’s health, and what can cause pelvic pain in a woman.
Discussed in this episode:
- Is endometriosis always the cause of pelvic pain in women?
- The different types of endometriosis
- Early intervention for chronic pelvic pain
- The autonomic nervous system and pain pathways
- Living in a world that doesn’t make room for women’s periods
- What someone can do if they have pelvic pain or other endometriosis symptoms
- Do women with severe endometriosis pain always need surgery?
- Current research on endometriosis and pain
“It’s possible to have severe endometriosis but no pain, and it’s possible to have no endometriosis but severe pain. So there’s such a bigger picture we need to deal with.”
– Dr. Peta Wright
Related to this episode:
- Vera Women’s Wellness: www.verawomenswellness.com.au
- Learn about Endometriosis: www.fempower-health.com/endometriosis
- Related Episodes: Pelvic Pain
- Mentioned: Endometriosis, Pain, and Whole Women’s Wellness | Dr. Peta Wright
- Mentioned: What Pain Science Reveals About the Brain/Body | Dr. Melissa Farmer
- Mentioned: Ovulation and Women’s Health | Dr. Jerilynn Prior & Dr. Lara Briden
- Endometriosis Foundation of America: www.endofound.org
If you want to support this women’s health podcast, leave a review for Fempower Health on iTunes or Spotify.
Spread the awareness and share this episode with someone you know!
Support and connect with our women’s health community:
- Subscribe to the Fempower Health Podcast for new episodes every Tuesday
- Visit us online at www.fempower-health.com
- Sign up for our weekly newsletter for the latest announcements, news, and research
- Follow us on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter
- Join Fempower Health on Patreon
- Email us for inquiries & outreach: [email protected]
**The information shared by Fempower Health is not medical advice but for informational purposes to enable you to have more effective conversations with your doctor. Always talk to your doctor before making health-related decisions. Additionally, the views expressed by the Fempower Health podcast guests are their own and their appearance on the program does not imply an endorsement of them or any entity they represent.**
**Contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links**