S2: #012: Overcoming Innovation Inertia in Healthcare
In this episode, we talk about overcoming innovation inertia in healthcare. More specifically, we talk about how to identify the obstacles within organizations, and, most importantly, how to overcome them to accelerate implementation of new solutions.
My guest on this episode is Fard Johnmar. He is the founder and president of the innovation consultancy Enspektos, and he has spent nearly 20 years in global health. For the last decade, he has focused on the digital health sector, where he advises executives, entrepreneurs and medical professionals who are working to develop digital health tools and technologies. Fard and I both serve as mentors in the StartupBootcamp Digital Health Accelerator in Berlin, Germany, and he also authored and produced the State of Digital Health Innovation research initiative.
Fard has joined us review some of the findings of the first wave of the 2016 ‘State of Digital Health Innovation’ report. In this episode we discuss the 4 forces affecting innovation, how to find out how your organization stacks up on adopting new innovations, and 3 key tips for overcoming innovation inertia.
- The two tough questions facing digital health innovators
- The four areas of friction in implementing innovation
- The three tips on overcoming innovation inertia
- How to get a personalized assessment of your organization
Links and Resources Mentioned:
- Digital Health Maven Podcast
- State of Digital Health Innovation Study (Wave 1 Download)
- Take part in the Digital Health Innovation Study Wave 2
Follow Fard Johnmar: