S10: #098: Dr. Jennifer Schneider, President at Livongo on Type 1 Diabetes, Engaging Users and Decoding Health Signals
Our guest: Dr. Jennifer Schneider, President of Livongo
After speaking with Glen Tullman, Founder and Executive Chairman of Livongo, in an earlier episode, I was so interested in the work that Livongo is doing that I asked for a chance to speak with Dr. Jennifer Schneider when we were both in Las Vegas for the HLTH conference.
Jenny is an amazing individual. She was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes over 30 years ago and has a deep understanding the real-world impact of the condition. She’s been a key part of leadership teams for two companies that have gone public in recent years. The most recent one, Livongo went public in July 2019 and was the most successful IPO of a digital health company in history. She’s also an athlete, the author of a book entitled Decoding Health Signals, and the proud parent to 3 wonderful children. She writes in her book that her goal at Livongo is to create a system of health and healthcare that they will inherit and be proud of – and no doubt benefit from.
Tune in as Jennifer shares her own experience battling the complexities of T1D, and how health signals help improve outcomes for people facing chronic illness.
Links and Resources:
- Jennifer Schneider on Twitter
- Jennifer Schneider LinkedIn
- Jennifer’s Book: Decoding Health Signals: Silicon Valley’s Consumer-First Approach to a New Era of Health
- Glen Tullman’s Book: On Our Terms: Empowering the New Health Consumer
- Podcast with Glen Tullman
- Livongo on Twitter
- Livongo on LinkedIn
- Livongo on the Web
Get more content:
- Browse episodes on Digital Health Today
- Follow Digital Health Today on Twitter, Linkedin, Facebook and Instagram
- Follow the Health Podcast Network on Linkedin, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
Digital Health Today is made possible by the support of our sponsors. Thank you to
- Almirall Digital Garden
- Bayer G4A
- Cedars-Sinai Accelerator
- University of Chicago – Master of Science in Biomedical Informatics
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices