S10: #097 : Robert Cohen, CTO at Stryker Joint Replacement, discusses robots, wearable sensors, and patient outcomes
In this episode, we speak with Robert Cohen, VP of Global R&D, Chief Technology Officer at Stryker Joint Replacement. Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies, and is leading the development of new ways to transform and enhance the technology available in musculoskeletal care.
Robert shared some insights on the work Stryker is doing to improve surgical practice as well as capture more and better data about patient outcomes. We dive into the latest information about surgical robots, wearable sensors, and data, and explore the advances that may develop over the next 10 years.
Links and Resources:
- Robert Cohen on LinkedIn
- Stryker on LinkedIn
- Stryker Orthopaedics on the Web
- Stryker Mako Technology
- Stryker Joint Replacement
- Smart Equipment Mgmt (Stryker)
- HoloLens in Germany (Virtual Surgery Intelligence)
- Microsoft Health Website • Twitter
- Link to Episode 96 with Molly McCarthy
This conversation was recorded at DOCSF in January 2020, the weekend before #JPM Week in San Francisco. DOCSF is all about the intersection of digital health and musculoskeletal care.
This year, the sessions featured leaders from Microsoft, Google, Mozilla, Amazon and many other amazing organizations, and Dan Kendall interviewed some of the speakers following their sessions on the stage. This special series of episodes features some of the interviews recorded at this annual event. To hear all the sessions on the DOCSF podcast, be sure to subscribe to the DOCSF Podcast here or visit Health Podcast Network.
Get more content:
- Browse episodes on Digital Health Today
- Browse episodes on the DOCSF Podcast
- Follow Digital Health Today on Twitter, Linkedin, Facebook and Instagram
- Follow the Health Podcast Network on Linkedin, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
Digital Health Today is made possible by the support of our sponsors. Thank you to
- Almirall Digital Garden
- Bayer G4A
- Cedars-Sinai Accelerator
- University of Chicago – Master of Science in Biomedical Informatics
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices