S10: #099: Dr. David Fajgenbaum on Chasing a Cure for Rare Disease
Our guest: Dr. David Fajgenbaum is the co-founder & Executive Director of the Castleman Disease Collaborative Network and a Research Assistant Professor of Medicine at UPenn. After being diagnosed with Castleman disease as a 3rd year medical student and narrowly escaping death several times, David was told that there were no treatments available that could help him. David realized his only hope was to create a new model for advancing the fight again rare and deadly illnesses.
With 25-30 million people with rare diseases in the US alone, there is a tremendous need for new approaches for repurposing and developing suitable treatments that can help them. David shares his experience in the lab and in life as he continues his fight to change the way we develop drugs and do research.
Links and Resources:
- Connect with David Fajgenbaum: Web | LinkedIn | Twitter
- David’s Blog about Innovation for Rare Diseases
- David’s talk at Exponential Medicine Nov 2019 (video)
- David on Good Morning America (video)
- Link to David’s book: Chasing My Cure
- Read more and donate to Castleman Disease Collaborative Network (CDCN.org) | Twitter | Instagram | Facebook
- DOWNLOAD THE PDF FROM OUR WEBSITE
Digital Health Today is made possible by the support of our sponsors. Thank you!