The Joy of Birthing in a Buick with an 11 year-old on assist.
Who: Allegra White
Keith White, Husband
Kalle White, Daughter
In our episode today, our guest Allegra, a Doula and mother of 5, was so determined to not be at the hospital for long she ended up delivering her baby girl in the front seat of her car, with her husband and 11-year old daughter on assist. In addition to sharing this particular birthing experience, we reminisce on her four beautiful births, including twin girls, giving birth the first time at 19 years old, and all the birthing knowledge she has accumulated along the way. For Allegra, knowledge of her body and the birthing process was her pathway to joy.
- Bio: Allegra White is a doula, wife and mother of five girls. After starting her family at the age of 19 and facing many challenges, she decided that all women should have the opportunity to journey into motherhood with a full range of support. Her company, “Milf-Made”, began as a desire to pay forward her experience by helping pregnant women feel like their best selves through advocacy, information and service. She describes herself as a compassionate, truthful, Caribbean- raised but Brooklyn-made, heart on her sleeve type of gal. Allegra is currently accepting applications for on-call hairdressers for her household of growing women.
- She is the founder of Milf-made. Follow on Instagram @awhitemom
- Interested in having a doula for your pregnancy, birth or post-partum period? Resources for finding Black Doulas: National Black Doulas Association & The Bridge
- Learn more about home births The Black Home Birth Initiative
- Learn more about having a safe and empowered birth by downloading the free ebook: Birth with Irth: A Mini-Manual to Pregnancy and Childbirth for Black People
- Get full episode details and transcripts (posted by midday) on www.BirthrightPodcast.com
- New episodes are released every other Wednesday! Subscribe now!
- Follow Kimberly Seals Allers on Twitter on Instagram: @iamKSealsAllers
Birthright is funded by the California Health Care Foundation.
Hosted on Acast. See acast.com/privacy for more information.