Navigating Corporate Crises: The Art of Apology and its Impact on Business Success with Sabrina Runbeck Ep 62
Explore how the art of apologizing can shape the fate of a business during a crisis.
As an executive or founder in the healthcare space, it’s crucial to understand the significance of an apology, especially when things go wrong. An appropriate apology can mean the difference between escalating a crisis and mitigating damage, between losing trust and rebuilding relationships.
We will explore 3 case studies:
- Case Study: United Airlines Incident
- The public fallout and the missed opportunity in expressing regret.
- Case Study: Deepwater Horizon Incident
- BP’s handling of the oil spill and the crucial role of accepting responsibility.
- Case Study: Snapchat’s Advert Misstep
- How Snapchat’s apology lacked genuine repentance.
- Understanding the 5 Apology Languages: Expressing Regret, Accept Responsibility, Make Restitution, Genuinely Repent, and Request Forgiveness.
- Their importance in maintaining a company’s reputation and customer relationships.
[00:03:38] – United Airlines case study
[00:07:08] – Expressing regret
[00:13:17] – CEO Tony Hayward’s public statement
[00:15:10] – The deep water horizon oil spill
[00:20:25] – The impact of a poorly handled apology
[00:26:45] – Making restitution
[00:30:34] – Rebuilding trust and overcoming setbacks
Links and Mentions:
Listen 🔊to this episode now and Subscribe 🔔 to the Provider’s Edge to never miss an episode❗
Stay Tuned, Stay Successful!
We love to hear your feedback. Send me your stories or questions here: SabrinaRunbeck.com/Connect We are here to support you, so let us know how we can further uplevel your success!