Episode 22: Furnishing Your Practice
How you design and equip your space speaks volumes about you. And, while you don't have to be an interior decorator, there are a couple of key things you want to consider: comfort and functionality.
In this episode, I will give you practical tips for designing and equipping your space.
Here are the highlights:
- Entrance to your space:. You need very clear signage to your business
- Your waiting room
- Paint over wallpaper
- Carpets, drapes, upholstered furniture and acoustic ceiling tiles decrease sound absorption.
- Seating-fabric (durable, stain resistant and washable) chairs
- Distractions-reading materials and medical TV services
- Front Desk
- Work chairs–ergonomics are the key
- Equipment layout–position so your staff can reach everything
- Exam Rooms
- Exam table–comfort and easy to adjust are the most important features
- Two side chairs
- An adjustable stool
- EHR-desktop vs. portable
- Waste receptacles and Sharps
- Break Room-yes you need one
- Coffee maker
- General Office Space-create open workspaces
- Your office-the one room you can decorate any way you like
Join my FB group, The Private Medical Practice Academy to be part of a community interested in starting, running and growing their private medical practices and leveraging them into multiple revenue streams.