Episode 2: The Key Steps to Actually Starting A Business
Getting your business started is fast and easy. In this episode, I will walk you through the steps so you can do it yourself.
Here are the key steps:
- Choose your company name
- Check the Secretary of State website for your state to determine if the name is available.
- Obtain the domain name(s) for your company
- Talk to your CPA and determine whether you want to have an LLC or an S-Corporation
- Complete the Articles of Incorporation (sometimes called Articles of Organization) on the Secretary of State website and any other required steps for becoming incorporated
- Apply for an EIN (Employer Identification Number)–your business tax ID. Here is the link to get your EIN https://www.irs.gov/businesses/small-businesses-self-employed/apply-for-an-employer-identification-number-ein-online
- Apply for a business NPI (different than your individual NPI). Here is the link: https://nppes.cms.hhs.gov/webhelp/nppeshelp/MAIN%20PAGE.html If you are a sole proprietor you don't need this (yet).
Be sure to sign up for my newsletter and I'll keep you up to date on everything about starting, running and growing your practice and more.