Is it Truly Competency You Lack or is it Your Belief Around Your Competency?
It’s hard to determine sometimes if we feel incompetent, or if we simply lack the belief in our own competency. As healthcare providers who constantly strive to provide better care, we can grow in self-doubt, sometimes unable to shake the feeling off.
In this episode, I’ll be sharing with you my own personal experience where doubt almost got in the way of my gut feeling from years in service.
Don’t forget to tune in on this short little chat!
- Emotional exhaustion and self-efficacy
- Determinants of self-efficacy
- A personal experience of mine with a patient
- By determining if you are lacking competency, you help prevent burnout and stress
- Lopez-Garrido, G (2020, Aug 09). Self-efficacy. Simply Psychology. https://www.simplypsychology.org/self-efficacy.html
- Self-Efficacy Theory | Simply Psychology | simplypsychology.orgsimplypsychology.org
Self-efficacy is concerned with people’s beliefs in their capabilities to exercise control over their own functioning and over events that affect their lives.
Connect with Jennifer George: